Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Will Jesus Return As He Said?

How good is your word? Do you keep your word? I recall a quote from my youth, “a
man’s word is his bond.” My parents ingrained this attitude in their children. Even though this was more prevalent in my parents’ younger years, I still recall many men and women who actually lived this. If they told you they would do something, you could depend on it getting done, to the letter.

One method of instilling this attitude in children was in controlling childhood behavior. If your parents, or even a teacher were to say, “If you do thus-and-so, this will be the consequence of your actions.” Or, “If you don’t do thus-and-so, this will be the consequence of your action.” We knew where we stood, because we knew they would keep their word. It was not fifteen warnings, and then maybe, just maybe, something just might happen, maybe … as it is today.

But negative issues were not the only means of reinforcing the idea of being true to your word. When we were told, “We’re taking you out for ice-cream,” we started licking our lips. We knew they would keep their word. When we were told it was time for church, we put on our “church clothes” and proceeded to the car. When we were told, “I love you,” we knew it to be true. I must say however, when they said, “this hurts me more than it hurts you,” I didn’t believe a word of it … until I had children of my own, then I knew what they meant and I believed it.

The sin of “lying” is strongly condemned in God’s Word. Check your concordance on the word “liars” and see what the Bible says about them. Hell is their destination. As a matter of fact, Jesus said in John 8:44 that Satan is the father of “lying.” In other words, lying originated with Satan.

Now let me ask you something. Will Jesus return as He says? If He doesn’t, He is a liar. However, since we know that it is impossible for God to lie, and we know that Jesus Christ is God, in the flesh, (Hebrews 6:18) the answer is a resounding “YES!” So why are there so few getting ready? On the flip side, why are so many so-called Christians going through life with no thought of Christ’s return?

Folks, if I were you, I would be “licking my lips,” because the treat is on the way. Someone once said, “God said it. I believe it. That settles it.” That’s all I need. How about you?

For those who need more, let’s continue. It is proven within the Word of God, the Bible, that Jesus fulfilled over 400 prophecies. In human terms, that … is … impossible. But Jesus did it. He cannot lie. He cannot betray His own righteousness. He kept His word. There will probably be at least one dear soul to say, “If He did. Prove it! List all 400+ and prove it.” I say to you, “I’m not doing your work for you. Look it up. They’re all in the Bible. I’ve read it. Now you read it.”

Jesus promised by His own angels that He would return in the same manner He left this earth.

Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:11)

Jesus also promised that before He comes in glory He would first remove His Church from the trials to come before His second coming.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.” (Revelation 3:10)

These are promises from the very mouth of God that He will return, and His Word is His bond. When Jesus removes (Rapture) His Church just prior to the Tribulation, He does not come to the earth, but calls us up, to meet Him in the heavens. When the seven year Tribulation is completed, He will return, with His Church, and come to the earth, in the same manner as He left (see Acts 1:11 again).

Will Jesus return as He said? Yes, and much sooner than most realize. Most in the Church are not grasping this promise. Do you? It could be today.

Grant Phillips