In Ezekiel 28:11-14 we see that Satan (Lucifer, etc.) was created a very beautiful angeland was close to the Heavenly throne. Verse fifteen tells us that wickedness was found in him, and all creation has been suffering since that time. In true fashion, everything this wicked one touches is tainted by his lies and deeds.
I’ve been thinking for some time now about all the things Satan has touched that are good and that he has worked hard in defiling. I’ll give some examples.
· The word “gay” has always meant to be happy and carefree. Now, if you look it up, the first definition that pops up is “homosexual.” In years past parents would name their daughters “Gay.” I doubt any parent would do so today. It sickens me to see an innocent word made into something filthy, but that isn’t all. Let’s proceed.
· Genesis 9:12-17 tells us that the rainbow that God puts in the sky is a covenant between Him and all life on earth. Every time we see the rainbow we are to be reminded that a flood will never destroy all life again, as it did in Noah’s day. Then here comes Satan using it for a logo for homosexuals. Again … sickening.
· Take the word “conservative.” It means “holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.” Sounds fine to me, but Satan tries to demonize anyone classified as “conservative, and he does this through his followers, primarily the liberal to ultra-liberal of mankind.
· A “fundamentalist” is “a person who believes in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture in a religion.” Uhmmm. Works for me. I’m a Bible believer, and the entire Bible is “God-breathed.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17) Therefore, EVERYTHING God said is true, just the way He said it. When Jesus says, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me,” (John 14:6) then that is EXACTLY what He means. He is the only way. Period.
· Another word is “Christian.” “So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians.” (Acts 11:26)
True Christians are legitimate followers of Christ. However, many today say they are “Christian” for political reasons, convenience, etc., etc., but they are not. Many others define Christians as hate mongers. So Satan is at it again, trying to confuse the true definition of a Christian, and he’s doing a pretty good job.
· What is true “love?” Whether it’s love between husband and wife, parents and children, siblings, friends, etc., true love is putting the other person before you. It is even sometimes “loving the unlovely.”
Today’s world continues to push the idea that love is a “roll in the hay... sex.” “Let’s make love,” they say, but love is far more than a physical act of passion. True love will wait. Satan has had a field day with misconstruing what love is really all about.
· Another word we might consider is “marriage.”
“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” (Genesis 2:24)
There is much on marriage in the Bible, and it is clear that it is sanctified by God between a man and woman. It is a holy institution, but yet again, Satan has worked hard to defile it as he does everything else. He has duped our ever ‘wise’ leaders that men with men and women with women can also be married.
· I talked about “sex” when speaking about love, but just briefly has not Satan again made filthy something God designed and made holy between a husband and wife? Let’s make this real simple. Sex between husband and wife is holy and undefiled before God. Anything, I repeat ANYTHING ELSE is a sin before God and will be judged by Him.
· One of the greatest tragedies in the last 50 years is the destruction Satan has done to the “family.”
“According to HUD, a family is simply one or more individuals who live together. Members of the family do not need to be related by blood, marriage or in any other legal capacity. Family members who are away from the household for a certain period of time may be considered part of the family. Live-in aides are also considered a family member. HUD’s definition of family is broad to help make sure decent and affordable housing is available to every type of family.” (Department of Housing and Urban Development)
This is what our government tells us that a family is, but this isn’t what God had in mind for a family. As far as God is concerned, if you don’t have a man and woman coming together in marriage, you don’t have a family.
Divorce rates are around 50% in this country. Many don’t even bother with getting married.
Children today are suffering in many “families,” because of the garbage going on with the adults in the same dwelling.
Satan has ripped apart the family structure.
· I’ll give one last example, and that would be “drugs.” There’s nothing wrong with drugs per se. God has given us the means to make drugs in order that we can be healed from diseases. However, Satan has used drugs to addict millions of people and thereby destroy families. The illicit use of drugs is destroying this country.
The point of all this is that we just take a moment and consider all the good that God has given us, and then notice what Satan is up to. He is destroying our very way of life by taking what is good and smearing his garbage all over it. I guess you could call it Satan’s graffiti.
Satan has taken a country that was founded on Biblical principles, a country that once gave God the credit and due respect, and turned it into a cesspool of evil. I believe Satan is getting desperate knowing his time is running out, and I for one, look forward to his demise.
Pre-Rapture Commentary: http://grant-phillips.blogspot.com