Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rapture On Sunday

My apologies for using another song I wrote, but here goes. I also wrote this one three years ago, and it is called “Rapture On Sunday”.

The Lord is coming soon and it could be at any day
We may be at work church home or at play
The time is up to Him but ready we should be
You should see it too I hope you do agree

I've often wondered if the churches in the US of A
Would miss many members on that glorious day
Would the preacher keep on preaching would the choir sing right on
Would the pews still be full and just the children all gone

His real church is sprinkled here and yon throughout the land
If you read the Bible on all this it will expand
But some will be surprised and wonder what went wrong
And some will hear His voice and they will be long gone

CHORUS:
If the Rapture comes on Sunday while the churches are full
Will you still be in your seat and not feel the pull
Of the voice of the Lord when He says "Come up here"
Will you even notice will you have no fear

One of my greatest anxieties on behalf of others is that they may miss the Rapture. The tragedy behind this is that there is only one way to miss it, and that is to not know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. You must be born again, as Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.” (John 3:3, 5, 7)

I am of the opinion that many Christians who ridicule the Rapture are going to be very surprised when it happens. They may suffer some embarrassment for a second, but the rest of eternity will be filled with jubilation. Their souls are intact in the mighty hands of God. “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.” (John 10:27-30) When we hear our Master’s voice say, “Come up here”, we will follow Him right up through the heavens to our Father’s house.

Now for the sad part. I often wonder, if the Rapture were to occur on Sunday while the churches are full, how many would even know what happened? I shudder to think just how many ministers will keep on preaching, how many choirs will keep on singing, how many seats will still be occupied, while the true Church is transported to Heaven in the blink of an eye.

Satan has fed this world a gargantuan lie straight from the pits of hell. That lie comes in many forms, but the meaning is always the same. “Hath Jesus said, “” …  I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me? (John 14:6) Not so! There are many ways. You have plenty of time. You’re a good person. God is a loving God. He would not send anyone to hell. You’re not as bad as those other people. Look at the good deeds you have done for God.””  And then he slithers off, as he hisses a chuckle under his lying foul breath.

If Jesus were to return today for His Church, there could be thousands, if not millions, who think they are okay because they belong to a certain church group, or they attend church services somewhere. They sing in the choir, they preach, they teach a Sunday school class, they tithe, they drive the church bus, and all the other things they do. There is absolutely nothing any of us can do to be born again, but put our faith in the Son of God, Jesus Christ, and follow Him. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

My friends, if you are reading this, and depending on anything or anyone other than Jesus Christ, you will not go to Him in the Rapture. If you die prior to the Rapture, you will go to a devil’s hell. If you are left to go through the Tribulation, there is very little chance of your being saved, but if you are, you will probably have your head removed from your shoulders by the Antichrist, before you meet Jesus.

Doesn’t it just make good sense to come to Jesus now? Repent, and throw yourself at His feet. Ask Him to save you. He will, and He guarantees your eternal destiny with Him forever.

If the Rapture comes on Sunday, or any other day of the week, where will you be a split second afterwards?


Grant Phillips
grantphillips@windstream.net