Pages

Monday, May 1, 2017

Jesus Doesn’t Shepherd Goats



Some time ago, a gentleman emailed me, quite upset that I classified him as a sheep,
since I stated that all true Christians are like sheep. I was somewhat surprised at this reaction since I assumed that a believer in Jesus would know this. I don’t recall the title of the article I wrote at that time, but the whole point was that Jesus is our Shepherd and we are His sheep as spoken by Jesus Himself.

In God’s eyes, there are two classes of people in this world; i.e. sheep (those who belong to Jesus) and goats (the lost). Consider it an honor to be called a sheep, because being called as such, by God; we have been saved by His wondrous grace. We are His.

“I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.” (John 10:11, 14, 16)

On the other hand, those who God calls “goats” are not His, and are headed for His judgment if they do not repent and believe in Him. It is no coincidence that the head of a goat is a symbol of cults and Satanism.

“And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.” (Matthew 25:32-33)

By continuing to read Matthew 25:41-46, it is quickly understood that those on His left, the goats, will “… go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous (the sheep on His right) into life eternal.” (Comment mine)

David, Israel’s greatest king, considered himself a sheep in the eyes of God when he said, “The Lord is my Shepherd…” (Psalms 23:1)

I don’t know about you, but I like being a sheep. I’m glad that the Lord saved me many years ago and changed me from a goat to a sheep. He has definitely been a Good Shepherd to me all these years, and I look forward to spending eternity with Him.

I just finished writing an article entitled “Can’t Find A Church?” While writing that article my thoughts went to all the lost people who are in the churches today. Maybe you recall the tares and the wheat Jesus spoke of. Obviously, the tares and the goats are the same; i.e. those who do not know Jesus as their Savior … the lost.

It’s good in one respect that many who are lost are in the churches, since so many Christians are not witnessing to them in the world as they should (Matthew 28:19-20), but it’s not good that hirelings are in many places of leadership. See John 10:12-13.

Church services are primarily intended for sheep. The Bible is clear on this. The Church is to meet together, learn and grow, and go out into the world, introducing others to the Good Shepherd. Those who are saved and become sheep then attend the church meetings, learn and grow, and they also go out into the world witnessing to others. The cycle continues to repeat, and the Church grows.

However, over the years of late, instead of the Church going out into the world, the lifestyle of the world has entered the church. A growing number of mainline churches have become apostate, fitting snugly into the mold of Laodicea.

Why is God not in many churches? Why is it so hard these days to find a good Bible believing, Bible preaching church? Because they’re full of goats and Jesus does not shepherd goats. He is the Shepherd of the sheep. In other words, Jesus is not in many of the churches throughout America for this very reason. This is why it is so hard to find a good church to attend. This is why so many Christians are having home church, as they did in the first century.

Churches throughout America identify themselves as Christians, but hate Israel, and support many other sins which God hates. Homosexuality has run amok throughout religious America. Promiscuity is winked at in the churches. Divorce is rampant. Greed is like a hungry wolf. Egotism has no limit. Pride has instilled rebellion against a holy God. The goats are kicking their heels and running through the pews in total disrespect of Almighty God. While they frolic their way to hell, the sheep are continually crowded out of their own place of worship.

The Lord knows His sheep, and He calls them by name.

“I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” (John 10:14, 27)

“To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.” (John 10:23)

Before we get too discouraging, there are many churches throughout America that are mostly sheep and serve the Lord faithfully. Sadly though, these are becoming more and more a minority.

The Gospel message has become so watered down and polluted, millions will be left behind at the Rapture who think they are sheep but are goats in God’s eyes. Jesus will call out all of His sheep from the fold, but those who are not His will remain on earth to experience the Tribulation.

If you are a sheep, thank Him that you came to your senses and Jesus is your Good Shepherd.

If you are not a sheep, that can change if you will put your faith in Jesus Christ and believe in Him. The very Son of God, Jesus Christ, will be your Good Shepherd.

Grant Phillips
Pre-Rapture Commentary: http://grant-phillips.blogspot.com