Pages

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Whose Land Is It?



I understand why every nation around Israel wants to boot all the Jews out and take
possession of this entire small sliver of land. Satan is behind it and feeding their hate and greed. Not only that, this is a long-standing feud between the generations of Isaac and Ishmael that God foretold in the Bible. I get that.

However, it makes no sense when religious leaders and entire denominations in this country are siding against Israel. These so-called religious leaders have been schooled in the Bible, at least I would hope so, and yet they cannot or do not want to see, the obvious.

There is little need for me to say much in this article other than to point out the obvious by the Scriptures.

GOD SPEAKING TO ABRAHAM:

“The LORD appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring I will give this land.” So he built an altar there to the LORD, who had appeared to him.” (Genesis 12:7 NIV)

“All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring forever.” (Genesis 13:5 NIV)

GOD SPEAKING TO ISAAC:

“Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to your father Abraham. I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed,” (Genesis 26:3-4 NIV)

GOD SPEAKING TO JACOB:

“There above it stood the LORD, and he said: “I am the LORD, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying.” (Genesis 28:13 NIV)

JACOB RELEATING GOD’S PROMISE TO JOSEPH:

“and said to me, ‘I am going to make you fruitful and increase your numbers. I will make you a community of peoples, and I will give this land as an everlasting possession to your descendants after you.’” (Genesis 48:4 NIV)

MOSES SPEAKING TO GOD:

“Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac and Israel, to whom you swore by your own self: ‘I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever.” (Exodus 32:13 NIV)

GOD DEFINES THE BOUNDARIES OF THE LAND TO ABRAHAM:

“On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates—the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites.” (Genesis 15:18-21 NIV)

GOD DEFINES THE BOUNDARIES OF THE LAND TO JOSHUA:

“Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west.” (Joshua 1:4 NIV)

NEHEMIAH INFORMING SANBALLAT, HORONITE AND TOBIAH THEY HAVE NO CLAIM TO THE LAND:

“I answered them by saying, “The God of heaven will give us success. We his servants will start rebuilding, but as for you, you have no share in Jerusalem or any claim or historic right to it (emphasis mine).” (Nehemiah 2:20 NIV)

Does God stutter? Isn’t it very, very clear to whom the land belongs, even the boundaries? This isn’t rocket science. The land of Israel, including the boundaries provided by God belongs to the Jewish people because it is God’s land and He gave it to Abraham, his sons Isaac and Jacob and their descendants, not through Abraham’s sons Ishmael and Esau and their descendants.

By the way, I haven’t even mentioned these few facts:
·       Saul, David, Solomon and all of Israel’s kings served over what territory? It’s an easy question.
·       When Assyria dragged the people from the northern kingdom and Nebuchadnezzar dragged the people from the southern kingdom where were the northern and southern kingdoms located?
·       When Cyrus gave permission for the Jews to go back to their land, where did they go?
·       When the Romans ruled over the Jewish people, where were they living? Could it have been Israel?

I think this is interesting also. The Iranian leaders of today want to drive the Jews into the sea (Mediterranean I’m sure), but their very own ancestor, Cyrus, allowed the Jews to go home to Israel and rebuild. So Cyrus, an Iranian (Persian) king, knew that Israel belonged to the Jews.

But many of our so-called Christian leaders today in this country with bachelor, masters and doctorate degrees can’t figure this out. Unfortunately, they are leading their respective congregations into this blind alley of Satan’s lies, and because of this a whole generation of ignorant people can’t see the Truth even though it’s plastered throughout God’s Word, the Bible.

God gave Abraham another promise that we all had better take seriously. It goes like this.

“I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you” (Genesis 12:3 NIV)

The United States of America has been blessed over the past many years primarily because of our kindness to Israel and her people. Notice the first phrase in this verse; “I will bless those who bless you.”

Do we really want to be associated with the next part of that same verse, “and whoever curses you I will curse?” We’re already in trouble with God because of our rejection of God and our sins we have endorsed as a nation. Do we really want to add more fuel to the fire?

Grant Phillips
Pre-Rapture Commentary: http://grant-phillips.blogspot.com