Pages

Monday, July 20, 2020

Who Can You Trust?


I have read for years, from several reputable Bible scholars, that there are over 7,000
promises in the Bible. Think about that number for a while. That’s a lot of promises! More so, God actually keeps His promises, unlike you and me!

From our youth through our adulthood, how many times has someone promised us something but failed to deliver? How many times have we done the same? Some folks are better at keeping their promises than others, but none of us can say we have kept them all.

God says what He means and means what He says. Maybe some find that hard to believe since we live in a world that is far from perfect. However, we can’t, or at least shouldn’t, judge God based upon the failures of mankind.

Every promise and/or prophecy that God has made has either been fulfilled or will be. His success rate is 100%. He does not lie and He always keeps His promises.

“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6)

Jesus emphatically declares that He is the only way to the Father. In other words, He is the only way to be saved and go to Heaven. He also emphatically declares that He is the truth. Thirdly, in this passage, Jesus emphatically declares that He is life.

Only in Jesus can we be assured that we can be saved, by hearing and accepting the truth, and have eternal life. Now some will say, “Just because He said it doesn’t mean it’s true.” However, those who have put their faith in Jesus alone know they can depend on Him because He lives within them.

“Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.” (John 10:25-30)

God has made many promises, as previously stated. For example He has informed us that:

·        We are all sinners (Romans 3:23) and sin will be judged (Romans 6:23)
·        He gives us eternal life if we accept Jesus (John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9)
·        Those who believe are heirs with Jesus (Romans 8:17)
·        Heaven is our home (John 14:1-4)
·        The world is going to be judged (Revelation 4-20)
·        In Heaven we will have no more tears, death, sorrow, crying or pain (Revelation 21:4)

God states in His Word that He is God. Following are a few examples.

“To you it was shown, that you might know that the LORD Himself is God; there is none other besides Him.” (Deuteronomy 4:35)

“‘Now see that I, even I, am He,
And there is no God besides Me;
I kill and I make alive;
I wound and I heal;
Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.” (Deuteronomy 32:39)

“I am the LORD, and there is no other;
There is no God besides Me.
I will gird you, though you have not known Me,
That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other;” (Isaiah 45:5-6)

“Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.” (Isaiah 45:22)

“Remember the former things of old,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,” (Isaiah 46:9

Some will shy away from God in the Old Testament because they think He is too stringent. They want the loving God in the New Testament, but He is the same God. Apparently, they have never read His book called Revelation.

“For I am the LORD, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.” (Malachi 3:6)

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” (Hebrews 13:8)

In the Old Testament God tells Moses to tell the children of Israel that His name is “I AM.”

“Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” (Exodus 3:13-14)

Now in the New Testament Jesus tells the children of Israel that His name is, “I AM.”

“Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”” (John 8:58)

Well now, must be the same God in both Old and New Testaments.

Jesus Christ is either God or the biggest charlatan who has ever walked the earth. You don’t have to believe it, but what if you’re wrong? Personally, I and millions of others know He is God because His Spirit lives within us. We know He is coming for us, and we wait with great anticipation.

Turn to Him today. You can trust HIM!

Grant Phillips
Pre-Rapture Commentary: http://grant-phillips.blogspot.com