Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Doubt and Procrastination by Dontwobears

I want you to meet the twins "Doubt and Procrastination"

I have many times, sat alone and looked at our planet from a position not too far away
(In my mind) and I see a beautiful blue and white globe, half covered in clouds with shiny blue seas. I am able to pick out the Northern and Southern American Continents, Europe and Africa, Russia and China as well. I never like going in any farther than that though, it seems the earth is peaceful and serene, all the while I know it is anything but that. I know that if I should venture any closer, the stench of human existence will raise it's ugly head, caustically replacing the Peace and Beauty. Please, don't mis-understand me here, I am as human as anyone else and I have added to the situation, I am a part of the problem as well. I sometimes just want to see the earth and enjoy the beauty, without all the problems, the same as with a sunrise or sunset. What if, everyone, everywhere, put that picture in their mind and all did nothing, no movement, nothing else, just pictured it for 2 minutes, no talking or moving, absolutely still, eyes closed. Can you imagine what that quiet 2 minutes would be like?! I can't think of anything more than it being a 2 minute pause, of respite, rest if you will, absolute calm! Do you ever wonder if everyone would want to do that again, a second time?

Problems exist because we want them to exist, we choose these problems, even though we are so ardent about denying that. We love it when we are the center of attention and so the statement “It's all about me” is more prominent than anyone would be willing to admit. The majority would rather fain being a part of the community, than say, the more obnoxious side of me, me, me! And yet that is the point of us all, whether we are willing to admit it or not. You can sit and talk with someone for a period of time and somewhere along the way, that ugly “It's all about me” thing will pop up. You must understand, True Love, sees someone else FIRST, there is no second. So, for everyone alive, at some level, it's truly Me, Me, Me.. That is the point though, that one thing God is able to do and we simply wish we could emulate at any level, True Love. Oh I remember when I first fell in Love, I believed with all my heart it was True Love, she was cute and I was all so handsome, we were going to set the world on fire! It lasted a month or two, that's all it took. Was it True Love? Not by a long shot! So why is that we have such a hard time finding out what True Love, is truly like? Ask yourself, if you have ever known True Love. Was it True Love when you got Married? When or better yet, how did you ever know it was True Love and are you absolutely sure, it was True Love or would you be willing to accept the idea that maybe it was always hopeful wishing?

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” It was God that Loved the world and who is the world? You and I of course! And God had one Son, Jesus Christ and God gave HIM up to be Crucified by us, for our Sin! If anyone is willing to Believe, that Jesus Christ IS the Son of God and accept HIM as the Lord and Savior of their life, they would NOT perish (be sent to Hell for Eternity) but will have Eternal Life in Heaven! Actually Jesus Christ is God! So if we look at this verse and re-read it and listen to it, we will instantly know what True Love is and what it requires. I don't know about you, but for me, that bar is set really, really, high! Do you truthfully know of anyone that has that level of Love? I don't! It doesn't matter how bad you are, what sins you have committed in your Life, if you bring it all to Jesus Christ, HE is willing to forgive your sin and wash you clean, just for asking HIM to. Who else do you know of, that would be willing to go through all of that, just for you? Not only that, but do you know of anyone, that would be willing to go through that for you and ask nothing in return? Yeah...didn't think so and neither do I. So why am I bringing this up? Well, I have been writing about this and also Eschatology for quite some time. I have brought to your attention God Precepts for us to follow, I have shown you in the Bible where a day will come, that no one knows, when God, Jesus Christ will return and take HIS people home to Heaven. Of course, I am not the only one saying these things, there are many more around more wise than I. I Believe the Lord has asked me to write and reinforce these same beliefs, all in an effort to get people to pay attention and believe as well. We have spent time together pouring over the verses that spell everything out, for all to understand, to take to our hearts and Believe. It is an awesome wonder to hold such Promises in our hands and KNOW that God intends to make good on them, for our behalf. The problem is, there are so many that are being deluded by False Prophets in the pulpits, on your neighborhood streets and trying to get inside your front doors. It is obvious that they know something is up, something is about to happen of Biblical Proportions. Everyone to some degree knows about it, they feel it somehow and yet they just can't put their finger on it and name it.

Ya know, “Doubt” is a funny thing! Your kids run up to you at the theme park and want you to take them on that Roller Coaster ride and you say “Sure” until you actually see it. That's the point where “Doubt” begins to settle in, you begin to “Doubt” how much enjoyment you are going to experience on this ride, but, you know your here to have fun, right? It's not until that first big hill that you are no longer “Doubting”, you are about to mess your pants in a most undignified manner. First you didn't have “Doubt” but then you had never seen the ride, but then when you saw it for what it truly is and then you had “Doubt”, now your in the midst of that big drop and there is absolutely “No Doubt”, thee mess is in your pants! Off course before you ever got to the Park, everyone was saying how much fun it will be for you and the kids. Now that your here and are on the ride, dirty pants and all, you “Doubt” the veracity of your Friendships! In your mind, someone is going to die before the stroke of midnight, tonight! They just don't know it yet OR they are sitting there, thinking about you on this ride and laughing their collective butts off! What's coming though, is not too un-simular to our Spiritual situation here and now. “Oh Heaven is going to be so great!” everyone keeps saying but you begin to wonder how great that's going to be, IF you can't do this or that or have this or another! As you may understand, you are presently in the here and now and you just can't stand it, if you don't have this or that. In your heart, you know that is against God, but...well...it's so good and I just know, I'm going to love it! You see the “Doubt” is always there, telling you it's wrong, so you fight it, you rationalize it, you change it's name, whatever, you still want it. And you are going to go through with it, no matter what! Why? Because if it's a sin, but no one knows about it and you get away with it, it's just that much more sweet, right? So there you are, knee deep in your sin and you suddenly see it isn't what you thought it would be, oh, how sad, how profoundly sad! Now it's no longer fun and the doubt floods in, but are you able to get out of it, as easy as you were able to get into it? Probably not! Or at least that's the majority consensus! All of a sudden, millions and millions of people through out the world have suddenly disappeared, but your still here. What the Hell is going on?! There is another name for “Doubt” and it's “Procrastination”! Actually, it's more like their Identical twins. You knew it was wrong, but you went ahead and did so anyway, now all the “Doubt” has been removed and all you can see is how much time you lost. You wallowed back and forth, you waited too long, you thought you had plenty of time. Now, in the twinkling of an eye, the Believers in Jesus Christ are gone and your sitting here, in your Unforgiven sin. Ooops!

Mark 8:34-38 " And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." I didn't say this Jesus Christ said it and Jesus Christ IS God. So,where do you stand with Jesus Christ? Got any Doubt?

You may contact the Author at dontwobears@sbcglobal.net.