Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

What Is That Tickling Sound? by Dontwobears

Have you ever sat and listened to music, that for whatever reason, sounded so good to
you, that it left you sitting on a cloud all day? I know I have, but then music has always been a favorite in my life, from playing instruments to singing, I digress though as I age. I never learned to play the Oboe, but I loved it ever since as a very small boy, I heard it in the “Nutcracker Suite”. It was always the learned Critics that would say, “The Oboe is kept as an understated piece within the “Nutcracker Suite”, against such sweeping lilts of the Flutes”. For me, Rubbish, The oboe sets the stage, preps the Flutes and holds a solid ground with the likes of trumpets! That is my opinion though. Surely you can see my point here, about being able to hear various instruments in any particular musical format and I am sure that you have your favorite. In other music, I have always loved the “Beach Boys” and their unique harmonies, also Country Duet and harmonies of Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton and today with Clint Black and Wynona Judd or Shenandoah. There are many others, but these came to my mind first. I believe you understand what I am talking about and the thrill, when you hear the music that you love, they simply make your heart sing.

There are several points I am endeavoring to make here. Music is so loved by people because it speaks to the heart of the listener, therefore we may assume that music is an “Emotional Exercise”. It thrills the heart and “Moves the Soul” even to the point of controversy at some times. I remember watching Elvis on the “Ed Sullivan Show” and my Mom and Dad told my Sister and I, that this would never be allowed in our home! “Yee Gods and Little fishes! The very idea (Shaking his hips so much)!” Please understand, that was how the late 50's were. We don't even want to explore the Statements by my Parents, about the “Hippies of the late 60's or Free Love”! Suffice it to say, their responses were “Uber-Emotional” (German for “Over”-Emotional)! The next point is pretty Universal, which generation was never “Emotional” or at the very least “Out-Spoken” to the detriment of their Parents wishes? Lately though, the last few generations have been remarkably more “Out-Spoken or Emotionally centered” than their predecessors. And now, it is literally more so in every other instance than just music. It has literally become a “Significant Wall” of emotion concerning everything from School Attire or Attitude to Social Security. It has been stated many times by all sorts of Psychological experts, that humans are “Social Beings”, therefore they look for ways to congregate with others of like ideas. The once bastion of difference to that statement, had always been the Church, simply because people knew back then, we humans were diametrically opposed to God because of our Sin. Therefore, going to Church was always a time when we were reminded that we must reach for Jesus Christ as our Savior, back then the Churches were rife with talk of Sin, Hell fire and Damnation! All of which, mind you, was Explosive in an Emotionally charged manner.

The churches of today are far different than yesteryear! They are more of a Social event than what they used to be, therefore the Sermons of the majority have evolved as well, but NOT for the better! The sermons have evolved to a point, maybe because of the Economy, that they speak more about the value and need for money than anything other. Suddenly, we see a sharp incline for “Mammon” than any fair share of Sinful Awareness. Today we have seen the evolution of the Church, to the mega-church and the expounding of the “Prosperity Gospel”. I doubt seriously, to ever hearing of “Tent Revivals” the likes of which were witnessed in the 50's-60's. And this is a sad situation to see taking place! An the reason for this change? Emotions, simple but true, too much attention is being paid to any one persons Emotions or Emotional State. The “Greatest Generation” was always concerned with the Welfare of all people in the USA as a collective, it would have been a disgrace to be concerned with any one persons situation. Hence the “Scammers” of today, have been able to steal millions upon millions, from that “Trusting” generation of people! This to the idea, that there is a line drawn in the “Proverbial Sand” concerning “Decency and Fair-Play” amongst this older Generation, as compared to the generation today. This generation is NO longer espoused to being concerned with what is “Right or Wrong” but rather to the “Have's and Have not's”. The end result for this generation is ones like Joel Osteen or maybe those of the “Crystal Cathedral” where “Prosperity” is paramount.

The last Point, is concerning the “Lack of Scripture” or maybe better still the “Blatant Bastardization of the Holy Scriptures”! However Blasphemous this last part is to the “True Bible Student”, it is the personification of satan in the churches today. Comparatively Speaking, it is to the point that many are unable to find a “Bible Believing, Scripture Teaching, God fearing” Church any more and is sequestered to ones home! Lets remember a few things here;
Matthew 7:21-23 “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” This changes the perspective of what should be coming from the Pulpit, concerning “False Prophets” and “False Profits”. (Pun intended)


2 Timothy 3:1-7 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." And this of course, is to name only a few by God, but you definitely get the point! Somewhere along the way, I have this picture in my head, about the Word “Pundits” and it comes across my mind as someone “Kicking a field goal”. Why? I have no idea, but think on this, “Pundits in the Pulpit”! I see a picture of God, Field Kicking a few “Pundits” into Hell, the Pundit holding his butt in pain as he flies to the depths of Hell. WOW!

2 Timothy 3:12-14 "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them." We already know this is taking place at every turn of our lives and it is so, because God said so, that should be sufficient for us. It is truly Scriptural.

Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" 'Nuff said there!

I Corinthians 6:4-17 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath
righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."


James 5:7-8 "Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

And lastly but never the only verse;
John 14:5-9 "Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"

Joshua 24:14 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Marantha Lord!

You may contact the Author at; dontwobears@sbcglobal.net.